Radio personality and gossipnista Egypt has wrapped her guest stint on 107.5 – WBLS last week, as the radio station continues to scramble to find a suitable replacement for former radio host Wendy Williams.
I’ve expressed my concerns on WBLS shameless tactics in replacing the resident loud mouth. With so many qualified, experienced – and did I mention unemployed – radio hosts out there it boggles my mind that the goons over at WBLS have had washed up rappers [whom I love, but in this instance - no] like Salt N Pepa auditioning for the spot.
Anyway, Egypt, brought a power-packed week of hosting the afternoon slot on 107.5 WBLS –FM to a close Friday, September 18. E quarterbacked the highly coveted afternoon shift with thought-provoking conversation about relationships and current affairs, capped off by compelling interviews with an ALL-STAR lineup of celebrities. The 2pm-6pm slot on WBLS was recently vacated by Wendy Williams.
Egypt’s guests on the afternoon shift this week (Sept. 14-18) included the following:
* Idris Elba (Internationally renowned actor and celebrity DJ)
* Tachina Arnold (Actress from the sitcoms “Everybody Hates Chris” and “Martin”)
* Michael Strahan
* Darelle Revis (Cornerback for NY Jets)
* Beverly Kearney (Coach of University of Texas’ award-winning Women’s Track & Field team)
* Toni Braxton (Multi-platinum/Grammy award winning singer)
* Deborah Cox, Tamia & Kelly Price
* “Coko” Clemons (Lead singer of legendary group SWV and grammy nominated gospel artist)
* Bill Bellamy (Comedian and Host of “You Got Jokes” on TV One)
* Tommy Davidson (Comedian and star of the new film “Black Dynamite”)
* Jeff Johnson (BET commentator, civic activist, minister, author)
Egypt Sherrod is a nationally syndicated television & radio personality and blogger. She is the host of “Bartender Wars,” a new show debuting in 55 million households, Friday, October 2 at 10:30pm ET/11:30pm PT on FLN (Fine Living Network). EGYPT is a special correspondent for “The Maury Show” which is viewed in over 95% of the country.
She was a weekly pundit on “The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet,” the entertainment reporter for BET’s “The Black Carpet,” and co-host of the syndicated daytime TV hit, “Home Delivery.” The award winning broadcast talent previously hosted the midday shift on 107.5 WBLS from 2001 to 2003. Best known as the co-host of the Power 105.1’s Morning Show in New York City, Egypt is also credited as being a highly rated stapled on other radio stations such as 100.3 The Beat in Philadelphia and 92Q in Baltimore.
She is the voice of Premiere Radio Network’s “Synopsis” entertainment report which is broadcast in over 60 markets on the “Live in the Den with Big Tigger.” Egypt has been featured on CNN’s HLN network, in The New York Daily News, NY Post, Time Out New York, BE Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, Source Magazine, Hip Hop Weekly, as well as various other mainstream publications. She was named #2 on R&R Magazine‘s “Power Player on the Rise” Top 10 list. Her popular lifestyle/entertainment/currents event blog, www.EgyptSaidSo.com boasts traffic of 13+ million hits per month.
Shouts to Love Amber Noble-Garland.
Popularity: 1% [?]